It's such a big day.
As in heart-pounding, breathless, giddy, just-peeded-a-little excited.
For a handful of years I've felt the tug to teach, to share my experiences, processes, and successes (and not so). I adore creating, I love story telling. I believe that the making of my personal art is the first half of its life (albiet the only half I need to find fulfillment in the making): the second half is completed when another person sees that art and it speaks to them, reveals meaning to them, reminds them of their importance, their beliefs, their own life experience. THAT is my favorite facet of art; the connection, the sharing, the inspiring that in turns inspires others.
All of this in mind, about a year ago I decided to answer the [growing louder and louder] call to craft a course that could be offered across the globe to all kindred spirits. I've spent months building content, documenting the things that I do to garner and gather inspiration, the ways I translate those ideas into tangible forms, and preparing it in this offering to you.
And so I present, with the sticky thrill of exhilaration,
- The Offering -
True Center is an eCourse focused on the concentrated cultivation of your artistic life. Over these six weeks we'll join to establish, develop, and grow the creative practices that open the flood gates of inspiration. We'll talk about where ideas spark and how to open our hearts and minds to receiving more of them. We'll talk about what it takes to move from vague concept to raw form to polished piece in your medium of choice. We'll break boxes, expand boundaries, and fearlessly step into the fullness of your unique potential as a creative being. This course is a safe place for experimentation. for taking leaps into the uncharted waters of your personal well of inspiration.
This is not a course to teach you how to make a pretty painting, to snap the perfect photograph, or to create the loveliest piece of jewelry - although we'll talk about all those concepts and more. This is a class crafted around unlocking your True Center, working with the deep beauty you already hold inside, taking what lights you up and sets your soul ablaze, and then learning to create from that authentic and inspired place. This is a course for those willing to delve into soulwork, to use their utterly individual experience as a glorious human being to inform their art. This is a course for those who want to add depth, intention, meaning and story to the work of their hands. This is a course for finding your True Center.
- The Details -
Through the True Center eCourse you will receive:
- Six weeks of concentrated instruction in a private virtual classroom. Each week will hold new themes, vibrant lesson posts, videos, assignments, journaling and projects.
- Two LIVE group Question and Answer sessions to address the your questions on art, making, technical skill, broad concepts, and what ever else comes up!
- Entrance into our "secret" FaceBook group, a place to share inspirations, artistic breakthroughs (and the plateaus that always come before), build like-minded community and find support in this path of life and artistry as one.
- The Other Details -
- The True Center Summer Session will open on Monday June 24th and run for six full weeks, with instruction ending on Friday August 2nd. All content will remain available for an additional six weeks to ensure plenty of time for completion.
- Registration for the True Center Summer Session course is $99; sign-ups officially going live on Wednesday May 29.
- This is an OPEN MEDIUM course. What does that mean you ask? The True Center eCourse is designed to meet you where you are, in the medium in which you love. Much of the assignments and projects we'll do will take place in our sketchbooks and journals in order to develop the resource tools to inform your personal artwork. We will discuss moving ideas, from the thought phase, through various mediums and how to interpret inspiration across the mediums you prefer to work with.
- The FaceBook group is optional, and in no way a requirement for taking the course. I strongly believe that we must be true to that which feeds us, supports us, lifts us up in order to boldly create art; for some a high integrity community is a vital part of this process. Either way, know that I believe in the decisions you make.
* * *
Now here's the best part:
I'M GIVING AWAY TWO SCHOLARSHIPS!
In the joy and excitement of this offering, it is my glee to gift two people with a scholarship to the True Center eCourse. All you need to do is leave me a comment here, on this blog post, with the words "TRUE CENTER" somewhere in the comment! It's that easy!
If you'd like to enter more than once, then I'd like that too! Every time you:
- "like" the UmberDove FaceBook page
- share this post via FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc. (your social media of choice),
- reblog this post
Simply leave me an additional, separate comment to let me know and consider yourself double, triple, quadrupled entered into the give-a-way!
The Give-a-way opens NOW and closes at midnight Tuesday May 28th. I'll be back on Wednesday May 29th to announce the winners and open registration for the summer session!
* * *
My friends, my sisters, my kindreds, I just want to thank you for being the bright shinning stars you are! I can not wait to begin this next part of the journey with you!
~ Umber ~