- Some days I sit at the computer, fingertips poised, a world of stories flipping through my mind. Fragments of dreams, slivers of conversation, single pages from books, and hours of internal processing. I have begun too many journal entries with the phrase "my thoughts swirl." But when I lay my hands across the keyboard, all that comes out is a breath of golden leaves clinging stubbornly to the elms.
- "You must keep rinsing out your heart." That single command, residual words from a vivid dream, has tattooed itself across my chest. Frida herself would be intrigued by this one, the salty sea and beating heart, aorta bright with life.
- I need to paint all of the things. I could begin today and never finish every image that suggests itself. The more I tap into imagination, the more I record and acknowledge, the more I understand this limitless source.
- I am the bird who glories in the morning, in expansive space of pre-dawn, the possibility of sunrise and the hope in dew. I need to crawl into bed earlier, because that first light is too good to miss.
- Sometimes I feel I could live a hundred different lives all within this single lifetime. I feel so at home striding through gorgeous brick galleries swilling wine with urban artists, I feel so at home deep in the words miles away from the nearest human voice. I feel at home in the dry heat, I feel at home in the dripping mist. I feel at home with the ocean roaring in my ears, I feel at home in the thin mountain air. I am at home everywhere and yet I carry my roots with me.
* * *
My friends! This week utterly escaped me and I've been remiss in naming the gift-a-way recipient of my sweetgrass! CAT BABBIE, you beautiful soul, your name came out of the bowl! Send me your address miss, and I'll have a package in the wind for you! And to all my other ladies who wrote, thank you. I love, LOVE reading your words, hearing about your lives and musing, your joys and trials. Thank you. You make my world a brighter place.